Saturday, December 08, 2007

Today was one of those perfect days. You know what I'm talking about. I started my day off my sleeping in until 10 and then heading off to the Fort Greene farmers market to meet Aimee. She was late, but I got all of my shopping done and even got time to indulge in a hot apple cider and raspberry apple pie muffin. mmmm... delish. After Aimee arrived we had a brisk walk with Bixby her dog around the park and hit up my first craft fair of the day down the street at a church on South Oxford. I ended up buying 5 ornaments for a whoppingn $10 (2 for me and 3 for my family yankee swap!) We then headed over to Schellie's and I had my first brunch at Outpost on Fulton which was wonderful, and had such a nice ambience inside! I would recommend it! I ended my day with a trip to the Bust Craftacular fair in Manhattan and indulged myself in some goodies from Alyssa Ettinger, Early Jewelry, Repro Depot and Screech Owl Design. I will post photos along with my Craftacular wishlist. I saw some many talented ladies (and men!) that I couldn't help but want to run home and start working on the line of products that I have floating in my head and sketchbook at the moment. Before sat down I snapped some photos of my next apartment project at hand...

DSC_0006

The chair on the right is part of the six piece bedroom set that I own, I found the chair on the left right around the corner from my house on Friday night! I think that this photo conveys how excited I was at my find.

chair.jpr

I glued the loose parts together tonight and am waiting for them to dry, tomorrow I am going to reupholster both of the seats, and it looks like a paint job may be next in line for my newest chair. Here is some fabric that I purchased from the Repro Depot booth today that will be reupholstered tomorrow after a trip to my local hardware store for more staples! Sorry it is a bit wrinkled I was far more excited to blog about it than pull out my iron right away!

DSC_0008