Sunday, August 05, 2007

I am supposed to start printing my final 3 meter piece tomorrow but I am unsure if this is going to work considering I still do not have screens! This weekend was an absolute disaster. We finally had nice weather and while everyone was out at the beach, I was working inside and everything was going wrong! One good thing was that I figured out all of my colorways and ended up mixing all of my dyes!

choosing colors based on sketchbook

I used the color palettes that I had made while I was in Sweden and Finland as a jumping off point for choosing my swatches.

Swatches and recipes of my colorways

Here are colorways that I will be using in my final piece and small samples. I am printing my final piece in the top colorway, the rest I will show in small samples.

Preparing my dyes

In the kitchen mixing my dyes using the recipes on the back of the swatches.

Colorful Spoons