Sunday, January 11, 2009

Product Placement 1.2

1

title

I was really excited to get an email the other day from Kyra over at Twenty2 about Product Placement 1.2, A behind-the-scenes exploration of textile design with Wook Kim, twenty2, Tom Scott, Heather Dunbar, Amy Helfand, and Heather Bush from Carnegie.

I had interned at Twenty2 my junior year of college. I was interested in learning more about textile design and running a small business and emailed them on a whim and started interning one day a week soon after. I have very fond memories of drinking lots of jasmine tea and helping pick pantones for colorways and thinking wow will someone maybe eventually pay me to do something like this? The answer is yes! and I learned a ton from Kyra and Rob that helped me get a start. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 13, 7-9 p.m.
At Design Within Reach Flatiron
903 Broadway (at 20th), New York

Space is limited. $5 suggested donation.
RSVP to thisisproductplacement@gmail.com.

You'll find me there on Tuesday!