Friday, June 29, 2007

For some reason I had high hopes about coming back to New Hampshire for a week. I wanted to go to the beach, pick some strawberries at the local farm, swim in the Saco river, and I had even planned a day trip to Concord, Mass to go to Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, The Ralph Waldo Emerson House, visit Hawthorne's Wayside(which btw was originally bought from the Alcotts and later became the home of Margaret Sidney who wrote The Five Little Peppers and How the Grew), go to Walden Pond, and last but not least go to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and and find the graves of Alcott, Emerson, Hawthorne, Thoreau and others. Ok, so maybe that is a little more than a day trip. But instead I spent far too much time reading books from my mothers bookshelf such as A Guide to Writer's Homes in New England, which inspired the above plan which never happened. Instead I lugged 34 full trash bags full of clothes to the Salvation Army, drove a lot by myself, and Kristen and I tackled the attic Besides that I have been trying to figure out what is actually going on when I get to Denmark. Apparently I never received the pre-departure information back in April thus booking my plane tickets too early, and not realizing that I would be homeless for a day and a half. Thankfully I finally figured out the whole mess last night booked a bed in a hostel and got DIS to Fedex overnight all of the information that I mysteriously didn't receive. I still have to pack and hopefully the next time I write it will be much more exciting.